Solved

Vendor Return For Credit

• 6 October 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Is there a process in Acumatica that allows you to do a return, leave the Purchase Order closed/completed, and create a credit?

icon

Best answer by Laura02 7 October 2023, 00:14

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello @ldjmarcog !

I did some research online and found a potential solution: Credit Memos. From @kandybeatty49:

Credit Memo is used for adjustments to already complete Sales Orders. This strictly gives the customer a credit on their balance which can be applied to a future order.

The below all create a Credit Memo Invoice and depending on if you receive product back, it can go into inventory if it is usable or not.

I also found a blog post by CS3 Technology written by Bonnie Molina that has a step-by-step video that goes over this process here: https://www.cs3technology.com/cs3-technology-feed/issuing-a-credit-memo-in-acumatica

Let me know if any of these resources helps answer your question! Thanks again,

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @ldjmarcog 

You can create a Return off a Purchase Receipt and then go back to the Original PO and Complete the PO.

I did this in my local version. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thank you, 

I was looking to see if there would be an automatic process that would actually create a Credit when the Return is transacted and leave the PO completed.

The current process makes us (as you said) process the return, complete the PO, and then we have to notify AP that a credit has been issued by the vendor for the PO/receipt in question.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Thank you, 

I was looking to see if there would be an automatic process that would actually create a Credit when the Return is transacted and leave the PO completed.

The current process makes us (as you said) process the return, complete the PO, and then we have to notify AP that a credit has been issued by the vendor for the PO/receipt in question.

Test it with a business event. That may work. 

Badge +18

Hello @ldjmarcog ,

When returning the Receipt, if you check ON the “Create Bill” option in the header of the return, the Debit Adjustment (vendor Credit Memo) will be automatically created in Payables, reducing the balance owed to the vendor.

Check Create Bill on Return to auto-create AP Debit Adjustment

Returns do reopen PO’s and leave them on Open status.  Please consider adding an Idea to the Community so we can vote for an option to select whether to re-open a PO upon return.

Further information about how to create the business event to Complete the PO after return can be found here, answered by BThomas.

Laura

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thank you Laura.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Laura, I did find that in the same step you can uncheck the flag on the line of the returned item that allows you to leave the PO closed.  

I have confirmed with Accounting and this process seems to work as we need it.

Thank you

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved