Solved

Updating Estimated Margin on Sales Order Line

• 27 March 2024
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hello,

We had keyed in a new item on the sales order. Since it was new, it had 0 cost and the ‘estimated margin’ column was calculated based on 0 cost and $200 price for margin $200.

Now, we have manufactured the item and the stock item is valued at say, $100. But the Estimated Margin line remains at the old cost.

Is there any way of forcing the Estimated Margin to update?

icon

Best answer by Laura02 27 March 2024, 11:07

View original

4 replies

Badge +18

Hello,

I don’t think there is a method using standard Acumatica features, to update the estimated margin/cost in the same way as we can click [...] and Recalculate Prices. Here are some ideas that may help you:

1. If the order is linked to a production order, you may consider adding a side panel to your order, showing the Production order for each line so that users may see pending costs.
  2. You may design a Generic Inquiry or ARM Acumatica Report to combine open Sales Order detail lines with their related production orders, to show order details & prices along with the most up to date Cost figures.
  3. A customization may be created to update open orders with recently added costs. If the Sales Order is linked to a production order, a developer could customize your order to show up-to-date costs from related Production Orders.

Laura

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @kokjietan ,

Please verify the Item Last Cost

And on the Sales Prices Worksheet, please verify which option you have selected.

Userlevel 5
Badge

Thanks @Laura02, I guessed as much too. It’s a shame that the above is not shown directly in the SO, but thank you for the proposed solutions as well.

Badge +18

I notice I typed ARM report. I want to make a correction: I should have typed Acumatica report Designer. 

Laura

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved