Skip to main content
Solved

Total Dead Stock Cost VS Inventory Valuation

• 31 May 2024
  • 3 replies

Why is the total Dead Stock Cost in the dead stock screen different from the total cost in the inventory valuation & Inventory Summary.

I have a item that shows the same QTY ON HAND in the Dead stock, Inventory Summary, Inventory Valuation but the DEAD STOCK COST is 47K but the Inventory Summary & Inventory Valuation the total cost is 14K

why is the Dead Stock qty calculating 47K ? How did it get that number 

Does the dead stock do some sort of Inventory Holding calculation?

3 replies

Hello, basically the total dead stock cost is using item layers and the cost amounts from the layers.

Total Dead Stock Cost = ∑(Qi * UCi) where Qi - Dead Stock quantity in cost layer i, UCi - Dead Stock unit cost in cost layer i, i - cost layer ϵ {Dead Stock}

Average Dead Stock Item Cost = Total Dead Stock Cost/Dead Stock Qty

Besides, there were several known issues related with Total Dead Stock Cost, you can check it on the Known issues section on the partner portal.

Userlevel 2
Badge

@olgakonanykhina22, can you post the known issues to the Community as well? The inventory team at my company uses the Dead Stock GI to help inform inventory decisions. If it is broken in some way, I would like to be able tell them what to look out for. 

There were a couple known issues on the 22R1/R2 which are retired now, and you can review it on the following link: https://portal.acumatica.com/(W(4))/Help?ScreenId=KI2022R1&PageID=f4c70ae8-17e1-4e49-867b-f26ab674608b

And there was a bug in 23R110 and fixed in the initial release of 23R2, here is its description:

AC-282452: If the negative quantity and cost adjustment was performed for an average-costed item on the Adjustments (IN303000) form, the Total Dead Stock Cost and Dead Stock Item Average Cost amounts were calculated incorrectly on the Dead Stock (IN405500) form for this item