Solved

System Email Error - The account you signed in with does not have permission

• 21 July 2023
  • 9 replies

Badge

Hello,

I am trying to set up multiple system emails to be used by purchasing, accounting, admin etc.

After setting up the emails given by customer, after signing in, I tried to TEST it. Then it gave me below error.

The email cannot be sent because the account you signed in with does not have permission for using the email address specified in the system email account on the System Email Accounts (SM204002) form.

I read some information related to the error in below post. But I would be pleased if anyone could further explain me about conditions.

I think email is correctly configured and all permissions are properly set up.

1. What are the conditions to fulfil for the email account to be used? 
  2. Further explain - No delegation, send as, send on behalf, or shared mailboxes can be used for this sign in process. 

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by darylbowman 24 July 2023, 12:03

View original

9 replies

Badge +11

#2 means that you must be signing into the sign in page with the same account as you are using for the system email address. If you’re using postmaster@domain.com as the system email address, sign into the sign in page with postmaster@domain.com.

A shared Office365 mailbox (which does not need to be licensed) only works because it is delegated to other paying users. Since delegation apparently cannot be used in this process, you won’t be able to use a shared mailbox as a system email account.

Badge

Thanks a lot.  Our customer says he signed in with the same account used for the system email address. But still, we get this error. Any idea what the issue could be?

Badge +11

Fraid not 🙄

Badge

Thanks 🙂

The error in trace says, 

Error: The mail receive has failed.
Emails cannot be received because the account you signed in with does not have permission for using the email address specified in the system email account on the System Email Accounts (SM204002) form.

PX.Common.IMAP.Client.ImapClientException: BAD User is authenticated but not connected.

Badge +11

I believe this sounds like the user successfully logged in, but the user doesn't have access to use IMAP.

Have you configured the graph permissions in Azure?

Badge

Thank you very much! yes the account’s IMAP was disabled.

We have few other similar accounts, but they are still not working, gives the same error regardless enabling IMAP.

Badge +11

Have you started from the beginning for each mailbox, configuring the external application and such, for each one?

Badge

Yes I did. The error I get is the same as before. 

The error in trace says, 

Error: The mail receive has failed.
Emails cannot be received because the account you signed in with does not have permission for using the email address specified in the system email account on the System Email Accounts (SM204002) form.

PX.Common.IMAP.Client.ImapClientException: BAD User is authenticated but not connected.

FYI, make sure the user account has a license assigned to it in M365. We had the same error, but it was due to the mailbox not having a license assigned.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved