Solved

Stock Item base UOM won't update

Userlevel 3
Badge

When we try to update the Base Unit from CS to EA, the setting just returns to CS without an error. What may be causing the issue? Are there other item settings that stop the user from changing the Base Unit?

There is no current stock for the item and no open transactions in the system.

icon

Best answer by CodyK 12 August 2022, 17:51

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Try removing the UOM conversion, save, then try again. The To Unit needs to be the Base Unit of Measure.

Userlevel 3
Badge

I tried removing the UOM conversion on the item, but it auto-fills a line when I save. I even tried setting all 3 UOMs to CS and saving first. However, when I try to update the Base UOM, it still changes it back to CS. There is no error, but I do see a trace entry (below).

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

@meagan59 - Great that there’s an error! Acumatica Support should be able to help with this. This is a great opportunity for Acumatica to further improve their UI error messaging.

One other thing to look at… are there any open documents with this item on them? There is a case where these need to be completed before the base UOM can be changed

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @meagan59 I am able to replicate the issue. (Pls refer to the below screenshot).

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @meagan59 The root cause for this behavior  from my verification  - When the newly created item is included in a HOLD sales order, the Base Unit in the “Stock Items” screen is editable but will revert to the same value as before. No error or warning is shown.

Solution: Try remove the item temporarily from the Sales Order(s), and then change Base unit of the stock item.

Screenshots for reference:

Not able to change the Base unit on the Stock item:

Removed the item on the Sales Order that was on HOLD:

Successfully changed the Base Unit

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @meagan59 Please try the above steps listed by me and let me know if that worked.

Thanks

Userlevel 3
Badge

I have reviewed the on hold Sales Orders and POs, but none contain the 59762 item.

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

@meagan59 The instance that I read about specifically mentioned completing Open documents that contain the item in question.

I have reviewed the on hold Sales Orders and POs, but none contain the 59762 item.

Userlevel 3
Badge

@DConcannon Thank you for the reply. Yes, I know that the item must no be included on any open transactions or documents. I have double checked all SOs, POs, and inventory transactions. The item is only on completed/released transactions. I have reported the issue to Acumatica support as well, so I will wait to see what they figure out.

Userlevel 1

@meagan59 I just found this other thread that apparently works. I have yet to try it. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

I wrote that solution. That is basically what the Acumatica manual says with regards to changing base UOM for items that are in use.

@meaganbobb14 In reviewing your error, it looks to me like you have a physical inventory count for the item that you’re trying to change the base UOM. That’s what INPIHeader and INPIDetail refer to in that error.

I’m not really familiar with doing physical counts in Acumatica, but there is video here that goes over the process: Acumatica Physical Inventory - How to Set up Physical Counts Inside Acumatica (netatwork.com)

You might want to check some of those screens and see if they are populated. If there is an option to close out the physical count, you might give that a try.

My guess is that this is an undocumented extension of the “no active inventory” rule. If there is a physical count tied to those UOMs, it may have the same effect as inventory being on hand.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved