Solved

Shipping Tool Integration Issues

• 25 March 2021
  • 1 reply

I’m running into some issues when it comes to the Acumatica Shipping Tool and importing the info automatically into UPS WorldShip. The issues primarily happens when it comes to foreign shipments, albeit I’ve only tested this with shipments going to Canada.

Here are a few scenarios:

Domestic Shipment

• Completes as expected with package info added.

Foreign (postal code format ABC DEF)

• Postal Code → City Town → State/Province/County | Repeats 4-5 times
  • Telephone → Email | Repeats 4-5 times
  • Popup: “One or more required fields can not be filled: [Postal Code]. Check the availability of fields and shipment data and try again.
  • No package data such as weight, invoice number, number of packages, etc. is entered

Foreign (postal code format ABCDEF)

• Telephone → Email | Repeats 4-5 times
  • Completes with package info added.

After some trial and error, I was able to find that the postal code format was causing the process to error out and not finish. For whatever reason, having a space in the postal code causes the tool to think that the code is missing. Additionally, for some unknown reason the tool will repeat the process of filling out a few fields on foreign shipments as indicated in red above. This happens even if the telephone and email addresses are blank.

The error resulting from having a space seems like a bug as we can process other Canada shipments through other plugins without issue. I’m hoping this and the field repeating issue can be looked into.

I would like to note that this is happening on with Shipping Tool 2020R2 v1.0.1354.2 on a clean VM machine and a fresh install of UPS WorldShip 2021. We experience the same issue on a local machine running WorldShip 2018 as well. This also happened with the prior tool version so it doesn’t look like it’s due to system setup. 

Two other possible issues:

• The UPS account number is also not passed to WorldShip and will need to be added manually. I’m not sure if this is a result of that field not being mapped, or if it an unintended bug. 
  • The importing tool may slow down substantially if there are a number of entries in the address book. I’ve clocked the time to enter a shipment of upwards of a minute as the tool enters all the shipment data. This was only tested on our 2018 WorldShip install however.
icon

Best answer by adrian16 2 April 2021, 20:58

View original

1 reply

I am not sure about resolving your issues above with the native shipping solution within Acumatica.  Since you are interested in shipping you might find a more comprehensive solution in StarShip.  We are offering a webinar with StarShip next week.  Sign-up here:  Shipping for Acumatica

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved