Solved

Selling non-stock items, the SO status is Shipping error

• 12 August 2021
  • 8 replies

1.WE selling non stock item, I have confirmed that in non stock item [general setting], require shipping is blank
2.When I create a SO to sell non stock item, the status becomes [Shipping ] and I can’t execute Prepare invoice. and can’t delete this sales order, What should I do?
My current version is 20.210.0044

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Naveen Boga 17 August 2021, 11:59

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @jerome36  While preparing the invoice are getting any error ?
If yes, can you please share error details with screenshot, that will help us to found out the root cause

Hi Naveen

1.Sales order Status

2.usually we from sales order Actions create invoice, but in the shipping can’t create invoice 

When i from the sales invoice create a new invoice

3.This non stock item data

Please give me proper advice

Thanks!

Jerome Hsiao

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @jerome36,  As per my knowledge, we cannot SHIP/INVOICE the Non-Stock Items if an item is not checked with the “Require Shipment”.

In this case, even I’m NOT clear how the sales order is changed to “Shipping” status. [To create the shipment we need stock and warehouse details in Acumatica].

I’m NOT sure about your business but you ship the non stock items only with “Require Shipment” is checked.

Hi Naveen

1. When I add a Non stock item Sales order, I press the release from hold button, and the status changes to Shipping
2. My Non stock item "Require Shipment" is not checked, so I don't know that the sales order status will be changed to shipping
3. How do I perform follow-up actions for this Sales order? At this time, I can't make any changes to this Sales order, such as adding Warehouse, otherwise this Sales order will stay there all the time.

Thanks!

Jerome Hsiao

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@jerome36   

1. When I add a Non stock item Sales order, I press the release from hold button, and the status changes to Shipping [This is NOT standard behavior of Acumatica]
  2. You can check the “Require Shipment” checkbox and process the Invoice.

Hi Naveen

1. I know [This is NOT standard behavior of Acumatica], but I don’t know how the status of this Sles order will become Shipping, because I added another sales order, and the status will not be Shipping.
2. I tried [check the "Require Shipment"], but I cannot change the Warehouse in the Sales order, so I have to ask how to continue this Sales Order

Jerome Hsiao

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @jerome36  Sales Order is does not have any shipment(s) but moved to the “Shipping” status.

This is weird scenario. Please raise a support ticket with Acumatica team to fix this order.

Dear Naveen

Thanks!

Jerome Hsiao

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved