Solved

Restocking fee for a customer

• 19 November 2023
  • 1 reply

Our customer returned an item and we issued their money back.  I did a RC to return the inventory item back, issued the CM and refunded the credit memo all for the full amount.  However, they are paying a restocking fee so now I have a balance leftover.  The CM is still showing as open.  How do I close the loop and process the restocking fee?

icon

Best answer by Laura02 21 November 2023, 11:51

View original

1 reply

Badge +18

Hello @deb589 ,

I searched Acumatica Community and found a few ideas for you to consider, for creating your company policy/steps needed for recording restocking fees. (There are several ideas listed, some added after the answer was selected; do read all the way through the posts.)

To address the rest of your question:  the customer has a Credit Memo with an open balance to be adjusted out, correct?

Enter a debit memo to the same customer in the same amount that is open on the CM. Ask your accountants what account number to use on the Debit Memo: maybe the same account number that was used on the Credit Memo line, maybe a different write-off account.

Apply the Credit  Memo to the new Debit Memo in Payments & Applications screen.

Laura

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved