Question

Replenishment Class Settings

• 22 March 2023
  • 8 replies

I’m new to use the replenishment features of Acumatica, and kind of confused when I see I can setup replenishment classes on the warehouse, item class, item profile and item/warehouse details screen.

where would I setup these classes for an item or warehouse, and what hierarchy does Acumatica uses between these 4 screens mentioned above to determine which class to use? and additionally why would it allow me to save multiple classes on the item profile how would the system know which class to use?

if anyone can please give a brief explanation would really be a big help, Thanks in advance.

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @Pinny I’ve found this video helpful before to get started with replenishment. This video should address the different classes:

Thank you very much, it gave me some clarity, but didn't really answer my questions below, any additional sources will be greatly appreciated, Thanks again. 

where would I setup these classes for an item or warehouse, and what hierarchy does Acumatica uses between these 4 screens mentioned above to determine which class to use? and additionally why would it allow me to save multiple classes on the item profile how would the system know which class to use?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @Pinny 

Here are the uses of Replenishment Classes:

Use of Replenishment Classes

You can specify a replenishment class for the following:

• Any warehouse: You specify the replenishment class in the Summary area of the Warehouses (IN204000) form. If the class is not empty, the system copies this class to the Item Warehouse Details (IN204500) form for the item–warehouse pair.
  • Any item class: On the Replenishment tab of the Item Classes (IN201000) form, you can create a list of replenishment classes that apply by default to stock items of the item class. Also, for each replenishment class, you can specify the demand forecasting model and the settings to be used in automatic replenishment.
  • Any stock item: On the Replenishment tab of the Stock Items (IN202500) form, the system populates the table with the replenishment classes and settings that were specified for the selected item class. The class settings can be overridden.
  • Any item–warehouse pair: On the Replenishment tab of the Item Warehouse Details (IN204500) form, you select a replenishment class. By default, the settings that were specified for the class on the Replenishment tab of the Warehouses form are inserted. If on the Warehouses form the class is empty, the system copies this class from the Stock Items form. You can override most of these settings by selecting the Override Replenishment Settings check box.

Here is also the breakdown of Replenishment in Acumatica:

Replenishment in Acumatica ERP

The replenishment functionality in Acumatica ERP gives you the ability to maintain the needed level of stock at warehouses by purchasing the appropriate quantity of stock items from vendors or by transferring that quantity from other warehouses to the needed warehouses. The functionality that supports replenishment is available if the Inventory Replenishment feature and one or both of the following features are enabled on the Enable/Disable Features (CS100000) form:

• Multiple Warehouse Locations if your company uses multiple warehouse locations
  • Multiple Warehouses if your company replenishes inventory through transfers

Replenishment for stock items is performed on a per-warehouse basis. If your company has a single warehouse, it purchases inventory to replenish the stock directly in this warehouse. If your company uses multiple warehouses, you can consolidate purchase orders created for replenishment in the needed warehouses, receive purchased items in a distribution center (a source warehouse), and then transfer the purchased quantities from this distribution center to the destination warehouses. Also, your can replenish stock items by transferring them from a warehouse where they are available to a warehouse where they are needed.

Acumatica ERP supports replenishment at a fixed quantity and replenishment between the minimum and maximum quantities. To maintain the stock level of an inventory item at a warehouse between particular minimum and maximum quantities, you can manually enter estimates of replenishment parameters for each stock item. Some examples of replenishment parameters are safety stock, maximum quantity, and reorder point. Instead of manually entering estimates, you can use a demand forecast model to automatically calculate replenishment parameters based on sales statistics and perform replenishment for a specific future period based on historical sales data. 

@kandybeatty49 Thanks so much, that was a great help.

I have a quick question, We use multiple warehouses, the sources and method are based per item not warehouse, but the parameters are based per item/warehouse. 

which of the following directions would be the best to set up replenishment class for reporting purposes and easy to update changes with great visibility.

• create a separated class for each warehouse and assign the warehouse to that class and than on the item level itself control the classes parameters for each warehouse replenishment class, which will than automatically update on the item warehouse detailed screen.
  • or just use the same classes per item for all warehouses assigning the appropriate classes to the item and than on the item/warehouse details screen overwrite the parameters setting per each warehouse.

any input here will be a great help, Thanks so much.

Any input on this question will be very helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @Pinny were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

@Chris Hackett Not yet, still looking for a solution, it would be a great help.

Userlevel 5
Badge

@Pinny - I think the first option would be better since it will give you a better control on the functionality. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved