Solved

Related Items not recognizing when item was added?

• 20 February 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi All,

We are currently working with Related items for a few Customers and we run into some unexpected behavior (which could be intentional by Acumatica).

Basically, when we add Items via Related items and save the Order, the Related Items feature is still indicating that Related items are available rather than disappearing or changing its state.

I added Poweraid as a required related Cross-Sell Item for AALego500.

Is this intended that the Related Items flag stays red for required?

The confusion our Users run into is that multiple people can look at or touch the Order.

When the order gets more complex, there is a loss in visibility if the Item has been added already or not.

Any insight on this?
We would just need to know at this point on how this is intended to work.

icon

Best answer by marina25 22 February 2023, 19:33

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Based on my understanding, it depends on how the related item is setup in the stock item setup, related item tab. If the item is setup with Substitute, Cross-Sell, or Other type and the checkbox for Substitution Required is marked, then it is required on Sales order or sales invoice. If I remove the checkbox for Required, then on Sales Order, it is green. 

The substitute item exists but not required.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Based on my understanding, it depends on how the related item is setup in the stock item setup, related item tab. If the item is setup with Substitute, Cross-Sell, or Other type and the checkbox for Substitution Required is marked, then it is required on Sales order or sales invoice. If I remove the checkbox for Required, then on Sales Order, it is green. 

The substitute item exists but not required.

Hi Marina,

Thank you for your reply!
I can confirm that it depends on that

My Question was more around the lines that the System doesn’t seem to recognize when we added the Product already. 
You can process the Sales Order that way but it still seems to ask a User to add it.

This is especially confusing when two different Users (Sales Rep and Customer Service Rep) are making edits to the Order.
I was just wondering if there is a way for the User to tell that the Items were added already without scrolling through all Sales Order lines?

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

One way is to create notifications from the sales order form via Activities option. Create an event via Add Event and notify other users that this order already contains substitute items.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@krausef77 thank you for your feedback.  I have created a Product Backlog item for your idea. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved