Question

Project WIP - Best Practice

• 7 August 2023
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi

I am looking at implementing Project WIP for the first time and would like to draw on the experience of others. This is just using Projects in the Enterprise Edition and not the Construction Edition.

I have worked through the allocations process to transfer costs to the WIP account. This looks like it will create a lot of additional transactions - credit every cost and then re-debit it on release of AR Invoice. Is it best to have the allocations created for every transaction or periodically to reduce the transaction volumes (eg on a daily basis)?

I don’t see any standard WIP reports in the Project reports. Are there any available to assist with reconciliation of Project WIP to the Balance Sheet accounts?

Any other suggestions or advice to have the WIP process flow efficiently and well for users?

Thanks
Kevin Long

0 replies

Be the first to reply!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved