Solved

Non Stock Items in Kit Assembly Transaction

• 4 July 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi Acumatica,

I tried to transact a kit assembly with a non stock items components.

The Non Stock Item GL Set up is this.

but when i post this kit assembly it gives me this entry.

The question is why is it Cr. Inventory Account? 

Is there a set up for this? To control the Cr. Entry upon releasing of a particular kit?

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by Laura02 5 July 2023, 00:27

View original

2 replies

Badge +18

Hello, 

To see whether posting is correct, we need to see the first tab of the Posting Class for the component item. The posting accounts may come from the posting class itself, or the posting class may use posting accounts from another source,  not from  the GL Accounts tab of the non-stock item. 

In the above example, I expect when the kit is sold, the WIP account will be credited and the COGS account debited.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

You have  3 choices for where Acumatica gets the GL account from on the General tab of the posting class:  The warehouse, the inventory item, or the posting class itself.  For example, if you set the Use Inventory/Accrual Account from field to Posting class and entered a different GL account on the non-stock item itself, Acumatica will use the Posting Class GL accounts tab to determine what GL account to use.  It’s most common to use Inventory item as the “Use...Account From” as this gives you the most flexibility.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved