Solved

Maximum Sales Order Line in one single sales order entry

Userlevel 1

When we tried to upload the file to the Document Detail tab under the sales order entry window, it only uploaded up to 1000 items. So is that the maximum line item we can enter in any single sales order entry? And do we have any alternatives that we can exceed 1000 line item in one single order? Sometimes we have a large order that might have thousand and thousand of BOM (Bill of Material).. In addition, we experienced tremendous of slowness when the sales order has reached about 1000 line items. For example, it might take us 3 minutes to update the pricing for one single line item or just change the characters of the stock item description.. it really create a bottleneck for our operation efficiency. 

icon

Best answer by Neil Cantral 13 April 2022, 19:28

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

HI @kchan15 

Yes, 1000 is about what I have always found to be the max and once you do get that many records, it slows down the load of the system unfortunately. It is a great amount of lines as you are aware. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

I recently found that Firefox handles large SOs better than chrome. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

I recently found that Firefox handles large SOs better than chrome. 

Interesting. Does it slow down the load of the screen?

Userlevel 1

Check your Lines per transaction on the License Monitoring Console (SM604000) and see if 1000 is the limit.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Check your Lines per transaction on the License Monitoring Console (SM604000) and see if 1000 is the limit.

Good reminder of this @freiter39 

Userlevel 1

Thank you @freiter39 . We did move up from 1000 to 1500 on our License Monitoring Console, but still encounter the same issue. So do you have any other suggestion that I can look for the solution? @kbeatty21 I will try to test today by using FireFox for a large transaction.

Userlevel 1

I wish I had an answer but maybe someone on the dev or product support side will chime in.  Did your site get restarted after applying the license?  Maybe it really only takes affect after IIS is restarted.

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

I regularly work with orders in excess of 1000 lines. Our license allows 2000 line per transaction but we do have some orders in excess of 2000 SOLines.

Using an import scenario might be a workaround while you investigate this further.

One thing I will note is that the Sales Order entry has significant performance issues when group/document discounts are involved. It seems to recalculate the discounts each time an SOLine is added/modified. Our workaround for this was changing the customers who regularly order these large orders to line discounts - this was a huge performance boost. Another option to explore is using the “Disable Automatic Discount Update” option on the Order Type. This helped with our customer orders with group/document discounts performance, but it broke our line discounts.

Userlevel 1

@Neil Cantral  Thank you for the feedback and that is another good tips. We usually don’t use the group/document discount for our Sales Order entry, so I assume our performance issue is not caused by this feature. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

I would echo Neil’s suggestion of using an import scenario.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @kchan15 were you able to resolve your issue? Thank you!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved