Question

Import Scenario Adding Tax

Userlevel 4
Badge +1
  • Jr Varsity III
  • 92 replies

Hey everyone, 

it’s me again!   Still working through a few import scenarios.   In my most recent Sales Order load, we are importing data from another source that already calculates the tax.  

So i have created a tax, tax zone, tax category that is a $0 tax (“MOD”), so that I could then ‘create’ a tax line with the appropriate amount.   The import scenario properly handles the order and assigns this tax category to the line and the SO creates a ‘tax line’: 

The challenge is the “Tax Amount”.  It is not populating the Tax Amount   XML is attached.

Thank you in advance for taking a look! 

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @K2a  I just verified with your import scenario and I don’t see any issues.

To import the order, I have modified the details and i’m able to import the order successfully with Tax Amount.

Please find the screenshot for reference.

Observation: I see that you are passing the Tax Amount value as 0. Apart from this, I don’t see any issues.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@Naveen Boga I have been trying to load an example that does have tax: 

and it is still not importing it.  In this data set, there are 8 lines per SO one is tax-exempt and one is taxed which is the red box.  

NO TAX!!

any idea what could be happening?

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@Naveen Boga I am on 2022R1Build20 if that helps. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @K2a   Here are my suggestions that may help to solve this issue.

1. Can you please select the COMMIT checkbox for the Tax Amount field in the Mappings

1. I see you have a conversion in the Mapping for the Tax Amount like CDec(O_Order_Tax). Can you please remove this conversion? and check.
  2. In the Excel sheet, can you please provide the Decimal values and upload again check?

For me this import scenario is working great and able to see the Tax Details as well. I request you to modify above changes and check once.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@Naveen Boga - thank you, I was able to troubleshoot a bit more and based on your feedback, determined that the import scenario does NOT like the 3 decimal places I have in my Order Tax Amount: 

When altering the import scenario dataset to 606.63.  It successfully pulled in however it didn’t put it on the tax line, it mysteriously puts it on the tax total: 

Not sure what happened here ... 

However changing the tax amount to 5.60, it added the line to the tax amount:

The question is, how can I leverage a formula in the import scenario to account for these anomalies with the tax amount?   Can I use a Round or Cast function?   My first attempts at this did not work. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@Naveen Boga - could you also try a SO with more than 2 rows?

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@Naveen Boga  -  A bit more research and this is confusing, but in the data below, I have 2 SO’s with 8 rows each.  The data has the same “o_order_tax” for all rows respective to each SO. 

If I change the last value as such:

This scenario allows the 2nd SO to be imported correctly.  If I leave them all as 606.636 it doesn’t import the tax amount on the second SO….

Very confusing

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @K2a Can you please share the screenshots of the Sales Orders, just wanted to understand how it got imported.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@Naveen Boga sure thing. 

Here are some screen shots from the SO that gets imported correctly (i.e. if i change the LAST value in the tax column): 

And here is an example of the SO when i leave ALL tax values the same (which is how my data will come in from the source system...the tax amount is at the order level, while everything else is at the order line level): 

Honestly the ONLY difference I see is the “tax amount” does not get populated. Let me know if there are any other views I can provide.  Thanks for helping troubleshoot!     I would think you should be able to reproduce this error if you have more than 2 lines on an SO and the tax amounts are all the same.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@Naveen Boga - just curious if you had any other thoughts on this?  We have a workaround, and are in process of developing an API but would love to know why it’s happening.

cheers

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved