Solved

How to set a default fixed freight for Sales orders ship from 1 particular warehosue?

• 2 January 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Hello,

I have a requirement that set freight as $5 by default for every sales order ship from 1 particular warehouse.

For that particular warehouse, the customers are fixed. That warehouse served customers can be identified. So, this question can turn to set fixed freight for particular customers.

I am thinking of Acumatica’s “freight calculation”, but it seems to be dynamic not fixed. It is calculated based on order’s amount, volume or weight.

We don’t need it to be complicated, we want to set it be fixed $5.

Can anyone give me some suggestions?

icon

Best answer by ray20 2 January 2021, 01:51

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Hello,

Happy new year, everyone.

As I checked,

The shippingHanding can be used to fulfill my need.

If I set as below, it would work.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi ray20,

also wish you a happy new year!

In my Opinion you found the best way to handle the requirement. But notice: the shipping terms are not manipulating the freight cost, only the fright price. I just wanna say that, because you have outlined the freight costs in red (in your screenshot).

cheers

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

@PatrickSchlenker90 
Hello, thank you Patrick, yes, you are right.
The shipping terms are only effect on “freight price”. But our original goal is to set “freight price” as a fixed $5, so we can go with it.
My mistake that previously we did not figure the relationship between “freight cost” and “freight price” quite clearly. People normally manually input $5 in the textbox of “freight cost”  to get the desired result. So, I am stucked in thinking manipulate “freight cost” .
it is my mistake to not state our purpose clearly.
thank you for pointing out.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved