Solved

How to handle prepayment for backorders

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

My client, like many, nowadays faces supply issues. Often items on the sales orders are backordered. Currently Acumatica functionality requires prepayment to be made before the order can move to the open status. Once a partial shipment has been made the order is placed back into “Awaiting Payment”. How do other Acumatica clients get their SOs in a backorder status without taking a prepayment or capturing a payment for weeks or months until the product comes in?

icon

Best answer by dboes14 5 June 2022, 23:52

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

HI @asmith50 

Do you have a customization for that to require the prepayment? Out of the box Acumatica does not require a prepayment to ship partial orders. 

I created an order in my local instance and one item had qty and the other did not. I was able to process without a payment. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

The customization I have is Century Business Solution (EBiz) credit card processor.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

it is not a customization if you select prepayment terms for the credit terms it will stay on Awaiting payment until you apply a payment to the order. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

it is not a customization if you select prepayment terms for the credit terms it will stay on Awaiting payment until you apply a payment to the order. 

I was looking for this as well but on the Sales Order Preferences. Thank you so much for this! I spent probably a good hour searching for a checkbox somewhere. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved