Solved

How to correct an in transit 2-Step transfer (Transfer Order)

• 1 October 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

We currently have a problem whereby we are unable to correct a 2-step transfer (Transfer Order).

Suppose we have 10 x ABC Item, which has been captured onto a Sales Order of type Transfer. It is then picked, packed & shipped, and the Release IN action on the shipment has been clicked.

On the receiving warehouse, if there was any miss-picks, e.g. qty short picked by mistake, it seems that there is no way to ‘correct’ the in transit qty (i.e. there would be a qty that remains in transit).

Is there another way to correct cases like these, without receipting the short delivered qty into the receipting warehouse, and then transferring this short delivered qty back to the originating warehouse?

I’m hoping there’s another solution.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

icon

Best answer by larryly 4 October 2021, 15:25

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

If I am understanding the issue correctly when you put in the transfer receipt you received less than than the transferred amount by mistake?

In that case you should be able to create another Transfer Receipt for the remaining amount. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

As @markusray17  said, create another document to current the inventory. 

If you have warehouse management add-on. Use scan gun it’s a better way to decrease the mistake. You have three steps to verify your items(pick ,pack and ship).

Userlevel 4
Badge

If I am understanding the issue correctly when you put in the transfer receipt you received less than the transferred amount by mistake?

In that case you should be able to create another Transfer Receipt for the remaining amount. 

Hi @markusray17 ,

My apologies for the delayed response, so the received mount is not so much by mistake, but rather the dispatched amount doesn’t physically match what the system thinks was dispatched.

e.g. Transfer order for 10 x Item A was created, and then dispatched, however with human error, only 8 was physically dispatched. Now on the receiving warehouse, the system indicates that 10 should be received, but only 8 physically arrived.

This then leaves the 2 in transit. Our current work-around is to receive all 10, and then do a 1 step transfer for the 2 items back to the originating warehouse. 

So my question was specifically around, is there another way of ‘correcting’ this inaccurate transfer so that it’s not necessary to do the 1 step transfer back to the originating warehouse.

As @larryly pointed out, the best approach here would be to make use of the Pick, Pack & Ship screen of the WMS section, so that the physical qty’s are checked properly - we do have a slight complication with that, as it’s currently causing the “Shipment counters are corrupted” error (however we’ll fix that soon by upgrading to 2021R2 (we’re still on 2020R1) when we use this screen for transfer orders. 

From what I can see, there isn’t a way to fix an in-transit shipment after the Update IN button has been clicked, but I asked just incase someone in community knew of a different way :blush:

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

If I am understanding the issue correctly when you put in the transfer receipt you received less than the transferred amount by mistake?

Hi @markusray17 ,

As @larryly pointed out, the best approach here would be to make use of the Pick, Pack & Ship screen of the WMS section, so that the physical qty’s are checked properly - we do have a slight complication with that, as it’s currently causing the “Shipment counters are corrupted” error (however we’ll fix that soon by upgrading to 2021R2 (we’re still on 2020R1) when we use this screen for transfer orders. 

From what I can see, there isn’t a way to fix an in-transit shipment after the Update IN button has been clicked, but I asked just incase someone in community knew of a different way :blush:

@chris49 , I confirm that when goods are in transit, there is no other way around except receiving them.
You can only automate this process by means of setting up  business events which

1. receives remaining stock in transit - probably to a vurtual ‘mistaken in transit’ location
  2. transfers the stock in this special location back to the original warehouse

Regarding the ‘corrupted counters’ issue, if it is the one labelled as AC-189434, it is fixed in 20.115 update

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved