Solved

How can i process returns for serialized items that were sold prior to going live with Acumatica?

• 15 February 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

We use serial numbers for many of our products.  Our inventory in Acumatica is accurate as of date we went live.  The problem is we sometimes need to process a return for sales completed in our old systems and Acumatica does not know about the serial numbers for those sales so we are unable to process the return in Acumatica as its asking for the serial number but when we enter them, the system does not accept it.  So we are stuck and don't know how to process and create credit memos and generate serials for such returns. 

Anyone knows best practice for handling this?

icon

Best answer by Kandy Beatty 15 February 2022, 17:34

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @SBalmer1  

I tried creating something similar in my local instance. I was only able to do this on an RC Order Type, an RM would not allow me.  What Order Type are you using? I was able to put a serial number item on this order with a user created serial number.

Also, check the settings for the Lot/Serial Class. You may be able to create one just for these items as they are different. 

Userlevel 1

Thank you so much.  We are Retail oriented so we generally only use CM for our returns.  I activated RC  order type and  was able to receive the items and create the serials i needed as part of that process and then create a credit memo after than from the shipment.  Kind of confusing that I am in shipment screens receiving merchandise back but it did the trick. Maybe Acumatica folks seeing this will promote this to an idea to improve them CM order type so we don't have to do this step as our reps have no clue what to do with RC.  The clerks are just used to processing refunds on the spot and now we have to change our process to use RC and teach them more stuff :(.  But at least we have somewhat a workable solution. 

Thanks again!

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @SBalmer1 as a customer, you can was easily create a new idea for this and reference this post as well. Regards, Chris 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved