Solved

Error while trying to delete/remove a PO line that has been received then fully returned.

• 3 October 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2

This may be a similar issue to canceling a PO that has been fully returned.  We have a PO with multiple lines.  One line was received then fully returned.  While attempting to delete that line, the following error message appears.  
“PO Error: The line cannot be deleted because some quantity of an item in this line have been received.”

I am aware of trying to cancel a PO that has been received and the solution of setting it to complete.  Just curious if this is a similar issue but on the line level and if the solution is to complete the line instead of delete.  

Thanks! 

icon

Best answer by manikantad18 4 October 2022, 07:16

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @scottjohnsonhere 

if the solution is to complete the line instead of deleting it. - Yes, I believe this is a possible solution.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @scottjohnsonhere 

The system will not allow you to cancel once the PO has items ever received against it. I tested in my local and found that if you completed the first line, you can then cancel the remaining lines. It will make the PO completed as the status. 

What are you trying to accomplish here, just to understand more?

Userlevel 2

@manikantad18 and @kbeatty21 thank you very much! I appreciate your help.  I’m in IT, new(ish) to Acumatica and providing support to our end-users.  I believe this error is because they are missing proper procedures.  To give a little more detail, this PO has 3 lines, all had been received, but the 3rd line was returned because it was never supposed to be on the PO in the first place. (I do not know the circumstances of how that happened)  After it was returned, they were just trying to delete the line to avoid any confusion down the road.  Since it had been returned I needed to confirm that completing the line is the best option.  They had tried to cancel also with the same error as deleting.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@manikantad18 and @kbeatty21 thank you very much! I appreciate your help.  I’m in IT, new(ish) to Acumatica and providing support to our end-users.  I believe this error is because they are missing proper procedures.  To give a little more detail, this PO has 3 lines, all had been received, but the 3rd line was returned because it was never supposed to be on the PO in the first place. (I do not know the circumstances of how that happened)  After it was returned, they were just trying to delete the line to avoid any confusion down the road.  Since it had been returned I needed to confirm that completing the line is the best option.  They had tried to cancel also with the same error as deleting.  

Unfortunately, that is system restraints. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

We have encountered this scenario multiple times. PO line is received in full and returned to be cancelled and replaced with a different item. After returning the PO line you cannot cancel the line. You can mark it completed which closes the line. But this is confusing. If the PO line is returned and you no longer what the PO line you should be able to Cancel it not mark it complete. It does not make sense and is confusing for anyone reviewing the closed PO who does not know the full story. Thus, we are left adding notes to the line item such as “Returned and Canceled.”

If a PO line is returned and cancelled you should absolutely be allowed to mark it Cancelled, marking it complete makes no sense - it’s not completed it’s canceled.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved