Solved

Does printing to label printer using device hub work for an automation schedule on the Process Shipments screen>?

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

I am able to manually select our label printer that has been configured with device hub and click process all to print all labels but if I set up a schedule with the same settings it says it completed and processed in the sheduler history with no errors but nothing ever seems to reach devicehub.  Is anyone currently using this?  We really want the labels to automatically print when they enter the process shipments screen.

See below for the automated schedules.

I tried with dates set in the filter values automatically after clicking add schedule with the same criteria as I just used to print the labels manually by pressing process all and with no dates set but neither produce anything on the devicehub:

I’m curious if anyone is able to get this to work in this way.

Phil 

icon

Best answer by Dana Moffat 19 May 2022, 22:40

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

I believe you need to use the actual action value which should be something like “SO302000$printLabels” instead of the description. You can get the action name by inspecting the drop down and clicking Drop Down Values. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@markusray17 Sorry, do you mean instead of Print Labels?  The drop down has no option other than Print Labels on my screen and I can’t type my own values in. See below:

Or am I misunderstanding?

Thanks,

Phil

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Nope for some reason I was thinking this was an import scenario. My apologies.

In regards to your issue are any print jobs being generated? I would verify that first in case the issue is just with the device hub(you can see print jobs on the Print Jobs screen under System Management).

If you want to print labels automatically when they enter the process shipments screens what do you have under the Schedule and Details tab? I would also expect you likely don’t want to show printed labels.

By default the Automation Schedules have an execution limit of 1 so that could be your issue if you are expecting it to run every minute. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

The device hub is working fine if I manually process and have manually selected the same printer I selected in the schedule.  Even with just one printer defined and available if I don’t select define printer manually it doesn’t send anything to the devicehub.

The schedule is running fine.  It said it had completed 40 runs when I finally disabled the schedule after testing

I have it set to show printed as at the moment I’m just trying to get it to output something.  I know there are items to process when I select that but don’t want to have to keep generating new shipments to make new labels for testing.  The schedule history says it processed 2 shipments which is the amount when I select show printed.

I would think this should be doing exactly the same as when I manually press process all but it just seems to fail to send to the device hub each time.

I’m starting to think it’s just broken or I’m missing some vital piece of information.

Thanks for your help,

Phil

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi everyone,

@ppowell 

Thank you for your comments on this thread, we really appreciate the feedback.

Just wanted to provide you an update and let you know that the issue was reported to us and that a fix has been made and will be available soon in upcoming release updates.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@Dana Moffat Thanks for letting me know. Unfortunately I don’t have access to see that link.

Thanks,

Phil

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @ppowell - While the main discussion area of the community is open, if you are trying to access KBs and Ideas, you need to be registered as a customer or partner. I see you as a registered guest not attached to a business account. You can check with your business account owner if you should be in as a customer or partner so they can add you to the account and give you access. Regards, Chris

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi Phil @ppowell,

You can monitor Product news and updates in the Product tab in Community.  You should see something soon here, in the Product Release Notes : Fixes and Enhancements   -Dana

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved