Solved

Discontinued Stock Item, allow sales from specific warehouses

• 8 February 2024
  • 4 replies

We have stock items that are now discontinued, but we still have inventory in our other warehouses. Is is possible to prevent sales in one warehouse but still allow in another? 

icon

Best answer by jamesh 15 February 2024, 19:30

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @hannahw04 

We need to enable the active status of stock items and click on the below check if you would like to process orders with the quantity,

Disable the sales allowed in another warehouse

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @hannahw04 

One of the only ways to really allow sales for items is to ensure that the items are in just specific locations and specific warehouses. I would suggest doing a transfer to a specific place to only sell from until you deplete the total quantity all together. There is no way even on the item-warehouse details you can control allowing sales. 

@manikantad18 Thank you!
@Kandy Beatty Thank you!
This option works from a transaction perspective, after trying to convert to a shipment. But what I am hoping for is something that won’t allow a user to add the item to a SO for a given warehouse. Just having the Stock Item in a specific location that doesn’t allow sales, it does still allows them to add the item to a SO, print and email the confirmation before it provides an error that the sale is not allowed from that location (when create shipment step occurs). By this point, we have confirmed that the sale is available to the customer.

I can manually change the status to No Sales Allowed, and manually change it to the other warehouse SO’s. This allows me to still see the inventory available, but this is not going to work for SO’s that are automatically generated. 

After some testing, I think I am going to use a Discontinued Location to store the invty in the warehouse not available, and add a pop-up note on the stock item to trigger the user that it is not available for sale.

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

@hannahw04 - I think we might all be overthinking this one.  ;) I would create a GI that monitors the inventory of that stock item.  Once that stock item hits 0 available (Including what’s on SO Booked) or a nice buffer of a qty you’re comfortable with, have it trigger a business event that changes the status of the stock item to no sales allowed.  

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved