Solved

Customer refund before product return

• 14 October 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2

My client needs to be able to issue a refund to their customers before the product is received back in.  We were trying to use an RC order type and on the general screen you can select a box to “allow refund before return”.  Has anyone been able to get this to work.  The prepare invoice selection is still grayed out and we can only get the credit memo issued once we complete the return.  They need to track when the product is returned and it is serialized product but they want to issue the credit before the product is returned.  If anyone has successfully setup this workflow can you let me know how you did it?

Thanks,

icon

Best answer by Kandy Beatty 20 October 2022, 14:49

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @jeans16 

What steps are you taking? Are you creating the RC first? Then are you creating the receipt or shipment? Or are you creating the credit memo first?

Userlevel 2

Creating the RC first.  Although the shipment button appears if you click on it you receive an error message that no items are planned for shipment.  I believe this is because they are not sending them a replacement.  This is a return for credit.  I don’t want to click on the receipt because it hasn’t been received yet.  The box on the order type is selected to ‘Allow Refund Before Return’, but it is not allowing be to create the invoice (Credit memo) as that option is grayed out.  They provide the credit to some of their customers prior to receiving the product back in so they need to be able to create the credit memo and still track if the product has or has not yet been received.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

HI @jeans16 

Here is how I found to make this work:

1. Create the RC in Acumatica, add the Invoice:
  1. Then create the Credit Memo from the Invoices and add the SO line of the RC:
  1. Release the Credit Memo and then Refund, you then need to Apply the Credit Memo:
  1. This take you to the Customer Refund:

Userlevel 2

The problem with this is that when the credit memo is created and you add the sales order lines from the RC type it completes the RC order so they can’t track that the product has or has not yet been receive as the order is completed when the credit memo is released.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved