Skip to main content
Solved

Credit hold for shipment only, but not the account or Sales Order.

• 23 June 2024
  • 4 replies

Hi All! 

Looking for a solution on how to stop shipments from going out when that shipment would put the customer above their credit limit, but at the same time allow the SO to stay open and we can order Purchase to Order items against it.

So in our business most items are custom and they are ordered once we get an SO. So in most cases we take a deposit and order product. Most of our our customers are set up as COD terms.  Once the product comes in, we would want a trigger so that a sales manager can collect the remaining balance, and only once payment is received, for those items to be available for the warehouse to ship.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! 

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @Jack Bernstein 

Have you looked at the Credit Terms and the Prepayment Required?

In this section, you specify the percent of the total amount of a sales order, which is specified in the Order Total box of the Summary area of the Sales Orders (SO301000) form, that the specified customer must make as a prepayment before the sales order can be processed. The section appears only when you select the All or Customers options in the Visible To box of the General Settings section of the current form.The prepayment percent functionality is available only for the sales orders whose order type (selected in the Order Type box of the Sales Orders (SO301000) form) has the Sales Order automation behavior. The automation behavior is specified on the Template tab of the Order Types (SO201000) form.

Element Description
Prepayment Required A check box that indicates that for a sales order for a customer with the currently selected credit terms, a prepayment is required before the sales order can be processed.The check box is available when the Single option is selected in the Installment Type box in the Installment Settings section of the current form.
Prepayment Percent The prepayment percent—that is, the percent of the total amount of a sales order that the customer has to make before the user can proceed to shipping the ordered items and preparing an invoice for the sales order.
Userlevel 1

Hi Kandy,

Thank you so much for getting back to me.

Yes we have looked into using terms, the issue with terms  is that the SO itself will go into awaiting payment status once the credit threshold has been passed. In our use case we want the SO to stay open so that we can order purchase to order against it, we just want shipping to get held up and trigger a status so that we can collect. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @Jack Bernstein 

Have you looked into Business Events? You could have a customer on credit hold and require the system to trigger when an order is placed and whether to process or not. 

That may be another route to go. 

Userlevel 1

I did not think of that, I will look into that now and see if we can make I can make it work for us.

Thank you so much!