Question

Converting from Sub items to Matrix Items

• 18 October 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2

Hi guys,

With the phasing out of sub-items has anyone taken up the challenge of moving from sub-items to Matrix items?

We have discussed with Acumatica and they do not have any options other than a complete re-implementation of the client using MAtrix items.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @brettd36 Please post the screenshot of a Stock Items showing the Subitems. Also, please elaborate on your expectations on using the Matrix items.

Thanks

Userlevel 5
Badge

@brettd36 - I recommend reading the following article - 

and 

Userlevel 2

Thanks @StevenRatner but it doesnt seem to cater for sub-items? We implemented a client 4 years back before MAtrix items were an option so setup for a garment manufacturing company that needs size, colour and style which we accomplished with sub items. Now we told they being phased out and there is no clear conversion path to matrix items. Client is also wanting to use the manufactyring module which we were advised against by Acumatica using sub-items.

Userlevel 2

Thanks @ChandraM  We implemented a client 4 years back before MAtrix items were an option so setup for a garment manufacturing company that needs size, colour and style which we accomplished with sub items. Now we told they being phased out and there is no clear conversion path to matrix items. Client is also wanting to use the manufactyring module which we were advised against by Acumatica using sub-items.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Curious as well.  My organization is deeply embedded with Subitems, I actually reference it as a positive when training new users.

They are supposed to still be supported in 23R2 for existing users, but I’m looking for answers beyond that release.  Given that we are eventually forced to upgrade (or lose support), we will be caught in a tough spot.

Userlevel 5
Badge

@brettd36@craig2 - My suggestion would be to use an Acumatica sandbox site on new release version to test with migrating the sub-items into template matrix items. Its definitely not the most ideal situation as sub items are going away. But at least this will allow you to test and record the steps and processes needed when the client gets upgraded.  If this works you can then disable the sub item feature for future use.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved