Solved

Change the transaction description of Invoices created with multiple installment credit terms

• 5 February 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

How can we change the “Transaction Description” of the Invoice created with multiple installment terms.

For example: we have created an invoice with Credit Terms as “5SPLITPAY” with Invoice total as 5,000. After invoice is released, 5 new invoices are created with “Transaction Description” as “Item Discount”, from where this text coming from, do we have any option to change this. Please help us. 

icon

Best answer by Laura02 5 February 2024, 17:04

View original

3 replies

Badge +18

Hello @ckwiat46 ,

I completed a quick test in Acumatica Demo database using existing terms “5SPLITPAY” and an invoice manually added directly in AR Invoices screen. The invoice is shown below.

I entered Description “Test Invoice with 5 Installments”

When I released the above Invoice, all 5 installment invoices took on the same document Description that I typed above.  I’m testing in version 2022 R2.

If you are seeing different results, please post more details about how your invoices are being created.

In this test Description comes from original AR Invoice document Description.

Laura

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi Laura,

The description in header is taking from original invoice but the “Transaction Description” in Details tab is automatically set to “Item Discount”, we are using 2022 R1 version. 

Badge +18

Hello,

I see, I missed a detail of your question. IN 2022 R2 my transaction description matches your transaction description, “Item Discount”.

I repeated the same test in version 2023 R2 and the transaction description is improved to “Multiple Installment Split”.

Laura

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved