Question

Allow changing subaccount on AP Bill from PO Receipt?

• 30 November 2023
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi everyone,

I’m implementing Requisitions / Purchasing and have run into a problem due to the following requirement: PO receipt needs to have a net 0.00 impact on the GL, because COGS/expense needs to wait until the AP bill is created. But also need subaccount to be editible on the AP bill. 

My solution was to put the same account as both PO Accrual and COGS on the non-stock item, so receipt is a wash. If I use the expense account for both, it shows up on the AP bill. But the subaccount is not editable on AP bill if the line is from a receipt. I see the reason for this because the AP bill should always debit the credited account/sub from receipt, but in this case the receipt already offsets itself. 

I believe the simplest workaround is to skip receiving since these are non-stock items, but I’ve been told that is not a viable option from their process perspective. Would love to hear any ideas! Thanks!

0 replies

Be the first to reply!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved