Solved

Ability to Fulfill Sales Order via OTC and Ship/Dropship

• 13 February 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

I apologize if this is a duplicate- I tried finding if this topic already existed- if so, please redirect me. However, is it possible to fulfill a sales order by doing an over the counter and a drop ship under the same order? When I do sales order- it assigns shipping labels to all of the items, however, if I do over the counter, I don’t get shipping functionality. Much like the ability to split shipments by date, I need to be able to split it by “Ship Via”.

This might even be canned functionality that I don’t know about. I’m a little newer to the order processing side of the system. Any ideas would be great!

icon

Best answer by Kandy Beatty 13 February 2023, 18:44

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Can you please share the configuration of the OTC order type? 

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hey @Jeff96 - just the configuration from the sales demo. I wasn’t able to locate a configuration that would allow me to split.. but maybe I’m overlooking it.

General:

Template:

Quick Processing:

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @rhooper91 

You can do both on a Sales Order:

On the line you want to be the drop ship you can Mark it for PO and Create the Purchase Order for Drop Ship Type

For the second line item you can use the Will Call box on the Shipping tab:

Will Call means: A read-only check box that indicates, if selected, that the customer picks the goods from the warehouse (will call); if cleared, the check box means that the common carrier is to be used for shipping goods.
If the Ship Via box is empty, the check box is selected. 

You can then create the Shipment for the first line item:

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hey @kandybeatty49 -

This is great.. let me recap my understanding on a specific scenario where only one item is purchased with multiple qty- some on hand, some not:

• Customer comes in, buys 20 qty total-- OTC 10 qty will be Will Call by default, the remaining 10 qty will be:
    1. Mark for PO → Drop Ship = Shipped directly to customer
    2. Mark for PO → Purchase to Order = Will Call customer to come back in once po received
  • **Caveat: Must be two lines, or can they be one line?
Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hey @kandybeatty49 -

This is great.. let me recap my understanding on a specific scenario where only one item is purchased with multiple qty- some on hand, some not:

• Customer comes in, buys 20 qty total-- OTC 10 qty will be Will Call by default, the remaining 10 qty will be:
    1. Mark for PO → Drop Ship = Shipped directly to customer
    2. Mark for PO → Purchase to Order = Will Call customer to come back in once po received
  • **Caveat: Must be two lines, or can they be one line?

Must be two lines

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @rhooper91 

Correct, must be 2 lines. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@kandybeatty49 , @Jeff96 - Thank you so much for your help on this!

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@kandybeatty49 , @Jeff96 - Thank you so much for your help on this!

Happy to help 😀

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved