Solved

Retrieve documents from API

• 21 September 2023
  • 3 replies

Hello everyone,

I’ve been wondering whether there is a way to retrieve documents through the API. Apparently there is no obvious way within the Default endpoint.

For context: I am trying to listen to document creations to send a Push Notification to our service so I can download the document created.

Thanks in advance!

icon

Best answer by RohitRattan88 25 September 2023, 21:45

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@gr24test 

Could you elaborate on the requirements bit more?

what you mean by “so I can download the document created.”

for example, do you want to download say SO “report” when a SO is created. or SO JSON data?

“What” exactly is that you want to download/retrieve?

@RohitRattan88 

Thank you for your reply!

There is the option to send an email from a SalesOrder (ScreenId: SO301000). The email is being created and an attachment is generated. We want to retrieve/download this specific attachment (Files) programmatically.

Apologies for clarifying it so poorly.

Many thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@gr24test 

As discussed in following community post,

How to access Accounts Receivable/Payable Aging reports via Rest API | Community (acumatica.com)

A way to retrieve reports will be available in 2023 R2. You can see the release notes for 2023 R2 Beta for details: Acumatica 2023 R2 Beta 2 Developer Release Notes (Web Services: Retrieval of Reports Through the REST API)

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved