Solved

[REST API] - Purchase Order Action - Open/Hold

• 19 March 2024
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello Developers,

I hope everything is going well.

I'm currently working on implementing a feature to "Hold" a Purchase Order using the Rest API. I've set up the necessary actions in our web services.

Here's the rundown:

1. Actions - WebServices

2. This is the Purchase Order I'm attempting to put on "HOLD."

Actions - WebServices

2- 

This is Purchase Order I”m trying to “HOLD”

I've sent the request using the following endpoint: https://company.acumatica.com/entity/vendorpolineitems/22.200.001/PurchaseOrder/Hold

4- Request Body 

{
    "entity": {
        "Type": {
            "value": "Normal"
        },
        "OrderNbr": {
            "value": "PPO05340"
        }
    }
}

Unfortunately, I encountered the following error:

"source": "application", "code": 500, "message": "{\"message\":\"An error has occurred.\",\"exceptionMessage\":\"Operation failed\",\"exceptionType\":\"PX.Data.PXInvalidOperationException\",\"stackTrace\":\" at PX.Api.ContractBased.EntityService.Invoke(ISystemContract systemContract, String version, String name, EntityImpl entity, ActionImpl action, CbOperationContext operationContext, Boolean throwOnError)\\r\\n at PX.Api.ContractBased.Soap.SoapFacadeBase.InvokeImpl(EntityImpl entity, ActionImpl action, Boolean throwOnError)\\r\\n at PX.Api.ContractBased.SystemContracts.V4.Facade.PX.Api.ContractBased.IRestGate.Invoke(EntityImpl entity, ActionImpl action, String objectName,

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Driss 20 March 2024, 14:26

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Driss 

Action “Hold” is actually names “PutOnHold”

Maybe try using PutOnHold in your call

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Driss ,

As @RohitRattan88  suggested, consider using the PutOnHold Action. The Hold action will not be supported.

Userlevel 3
Badge

@jinin @RohitRattan88 Thanks all for the reply 

Yes i tried the PutOnHold Action and got same error

this is my request 

{
  "entity": {
    "Type": {
      "value": "Normal"
    },
    "OrderNbr": {
      "value": "PPO05340"
    }
  }
}

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Driss ,

I suspect there may be an issue with the orderNbr field value. The screen displays PPO-05340, while the endpoint shows PPO05340. Please confirm this and also verify the segment key separator.

If we include separators, then we need to include all segments as well.

e.g.

"InventoryID": {

"value": "01-029-0100-   "  // note 3 spaces for the 4th segment

},

Userlevel 3
Badge

@jinin Thank you, yes now i got different error which is good

{"message":"An error has occurred.","exceptionMessage":"More than one entity satisfies the condition.

Userlevel 3
Badge

@jinin @RohitRattan88 The Issue is fixed the action on the new version 22.200.001 is not working i tested 20.200.001 and that worked, Thank you all for your help , much appreciated

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved