Solved

How to delete an endpoint

• 12 August 2022
  • 3 replies

Quick question.  We renamed our endpoint that we use for our customization, but we need to delete the old endpoint for some of our customers that still have the old one.  The old endpoint was named Altec2017R2, and is now called DLAltec2017R2.  I can't see any way to delete the old endpoint from the customers list of endpoints. 

icon

Best answer by Dmitrii Naumov 12 August 2022, 22:08

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hi @edwolfer60 

You can select the endpoint you want to delete and click on DELETE button as highlighted below.

Please make sure to update your customization package with the latest endpoint after you delete it. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi Ed, 

Why do you need to delete the endpoint? 

I think it’s safe to just keep it. 

If you really need to delete it, you should be able to do that using the delete button on the endpoints screen. If the Delete button is not active, that means some other endpoint is derived from that one. So, you’ll need to delete the dependent one first.

The reason I need to delete it is that it is old and out of date, and a customer inadvertently pointed one of our processes to the old endpoint, which caused some unexpected errors when it couldn’t find the objects it was expecting.  I tried doing it from the master screen.  I didn’t realize that if I just selected it, that I could delete it.  Thanks for the help.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved