Solved

Where are Dashboard Widget values stored when using Refresh Data setting?

• 9 December 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Does anyone know where Acumatica stores the values of Dashboard Widgets when using the Refresh Data setting?

For example, take the Orders to Ship Widget pictured here with a value of 12

I have the Refresh Data value set to Every Day which means that Acumatica should only refresh the value once a day

In order to do that, I would think that Acumatica stores the value of 12 somewhere, but I’m not sure where it gets stored.

icon

Best answer by Robert Sternberg 9 December 2023, 20:26

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I always assumed this was stored in the system Cache but your reasoning is sound. 

Could you clear your system caches to check if the value persists?  In later versions this is now available on the APPLY UPDATES screen. 

If not, it is possibly stored in Widget or one of the Dashboards.Widgets DACs. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Excellent idea Robert, I hadn’t thought of that.

I refreshed the Dashboard and the number was 12. I then put a Sales Order on hold which should have made the number 11, then refreshed the Dashboard again, but the number was still 12 because it was correctly using the value from the cache.

Then I ran … -> Reset Caches on the Apply Updates (SM203510) screen and refreshed the Dashboard again. The Dashboard now showed 11 so it does seem like it stored the results in the cache as you suspected.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Tim, thanks for sharing your results!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved