Solved

Seek for a bright idea on filtering out wrong sell/Alternative sell lines on "sold since" feature.

• 24 February 2021
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Hello,

The “add stock item” function is great on SO entry screen. Especially the “Sold since” feature.

However, sometimes, the sold lines are wrong sell, or it is a alternative sell.
we should sold item A to customer, while we wrong put item B on previous invoice.
Customer normally would like to order item C, but item C is out of stock at that time, so we give him item D instead.

our need is to filter out the item B(wrong sell/human mistake) and Item D (alternative item) after selecting “sold since”

Can somebody give me some bright ideas?

icon

Best answer by Gabriel Michaud 1 March 2021, 15:10

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@ray20 is customization an option? That’s pretty much the only thing I can see here

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

@ray20 is customization an option? That’s pretty much the only thing I can see here

@Gabriel Michaud 
Sure thing, Customization is not an option, it is a must. The question here is how.
I mean, not in detail level. just the idea.

my obstacle here is how to mark the item is a “wrong sell” or “alternative sell”. You know, the “sold since” is customer specified. 
Item D for customer A might be an alternative sell, however it could be a normal sell for customer B. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Somebody gives me an idea that I can show the “Period Sold Qty” in the pop up window.
For Normal Item should have a larger Period sold qty than Wrong Sell or Alternative item.

So the question turns to

How to add such a “Period sold Qty” column in the grid with the counted figure?

The background behind this requirement is:
We are selling food to restaurants. And take beef for example, we have more than 20 item ids. Each restaurant has its own favor item id.
The management would like order takers (if he is new) know which item of beef should be sold to 1 specific customer by leveraging the “sold since” feature.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@ray20 another idea: you could also add a tab in the Customer maintenance with “Customer Preferred Items” and list the items that this customer buys regularly. Then add a check box to the Add Items window to only include Preferred Items

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

@Gabriel Michaud 
Thank you. Great, this is indeed a talent idea. And you understand our need fully. Yes, it is “Customer Preferred Item” things.

But to implement your idea is a little difficult for me, causing I am not a qualified developer.
There are 2 main things to do with your idea:
1, Add a new tab and associate customer with multiple items. 
It might require a lot of efforts.
2, Add the check box to modify the search results on “add stock item” window.
Even for this point, I don’t know how to do.

What I am thinking of and could be practical is to use the “side panel” function.
I would write an inquiry to get the “sold since” on my own and display it through side panel on SO entry screen.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

#1 is simple enough for anyone with minimal Acumatica development experience. #2, on the other hand, requires more experience and ability to reverse-engineer and understand the existing “Add Stock Item” panel logic. Doable, but I wouldn’t recommend venturing into this without the help of someone that is qualified.

The side panel idea will work to display the items, however as far as I know you won’t be able to add items to the Sales Order from the side panel; it would just serve for display purposes...

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

@Gabriel Michaud 
You are absolutely right. I am with you 100%.

You can hardly believe, the users from our company are more willing to key in the ItemID line by line, instead of to select and add.  So it is OK for them, they only like to see some more information.

Now, please allow me to share my not perfect solution by side panel.

1,The user should take the responsibility to mark the wrong sell line by adding note on soline.

Even if the sales order is completed, the note can be added and modified at any time, so user should have no problem to do it.

2, And then I can filter the lines out by the conditions of the GI

3、Then I can have my own “sold since” without the wrong sell and alternative sell lines

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

If possible, I would suggest a checkbox in the grid instead of using the note text. There are two reasons for this:

1. It will be faster for SQL to process the query; this is especially important if you have a large database
  2. There will be no ambiguity possible; the note text will contain errors or things that you didn’t account for which will make filtering these lines more difficult that it would be by looking at SOLine only
Userlevel 6
Badge +5

@Gabriel Michaud 
Thank you, sir. 
You are 100% right.
But Acumatica has its own way to disable order, for example ,if I put a checkbox on the soline, however, the whole SO would be disabled if the SO came to Completed Status. Then user can not edit and save the checkbox.
The note is something different, it can be edited any time.

But your comments are right, we should take performance and ambiguity into consideration.
I will monitor the system performance and user behavior, if necessary, I would try to upgrade my method according to your suggestion.

Thank you for your ideas.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@ray20 you an create a simple customization to enable editing on these fields even when the order is completed; I’ve done something similar in the past for another client and it worked satisfactorily. You are absolutely right everything becomes read-only except the Note Text by default, I meant to mention it in my last reply.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved