Solved

Restrict Requisition creator from creating order

• 27 May 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

I need to restrict the creator of requisition from creating the purchase order.
i.e 
The Create orders button should be disabled for the creator of requisition.

Kindly assist on this
Any kind of responses is always highly appreciated.

icon

Best answer by darylbowman 27 May 2023, 13:21

View original

3 replies

Badge +11

You can use Base.AccessInfo.UserID to compare the current user's user ID to whatever the Creator's user ID is. Then, conditionally disable the action.

Something like:

bool isUserCreator = Base.AccessInfo.UserID == requisition.CreatedByID;

actionName.SetEnabled(userIsCreator)

Do this in the RowSelected event of the Requisition.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hello @development93 ,
How about restricting the access using Access Rights by Screen (SM201020) screen?
Revoking the access to the role, under Purchases → Requisitions → Requisition → Create Order

or by Access Rights by User (SM201055)

Purchases → Create Orders.

Regards.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

The access right either takes away the permission or grants it. It doesn’t function conditionally unless it is a new feature that I am unaware of. As @darylbowman indicated customization is needed here to only disable the action (!=) if the user is the requester too. I have not tried but it might be possible to manipulate the actions visibly in the workflow for some simple stuff like this.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved