Solved

Is there a reason why some published customisation projects disappear from the Publish Customisation screen?

• 9 February 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

I have found recently that a couple of newly created customisation projects seem to have disappeared from the Publish Customisation screen. I was wanting to make a change to one of them but I couldn't find the project anywhere.

On the login screen, I can see which customisations are published, including the two projects that have disappeared, which I have highlighted. The changes in those projects are still working, which is great, but if something was to go wrong or I needed to change the functionality, then I wouldn't be able to find it.

Here is the login screen with the publish projects highlighted.

And here is the publish customisation screen which is sorted by all published customisations. As you can see, the two highlighted projects are missing.

Do you know if there is a reason why they would be hidden, and if there is a way to make them appear in this screen again?

Thanks for any assistance on this.

icon

Best answer by deebhane 9 February 2023, 14:58

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hello,

I have had similar issues. Before and after I add customization I will schedule a lockout and then go to Tenants and create a backup.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

do you have multiple tenants?

I would review the other tenants customizations and make sure they are not in there.

The most common thing I see like this is if you don’t keep things consistent between tenants and someone publishes from one of the others.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Yes there are 4 tenants currently. I know for sure that I created the project in one of the tenants, but I have checked all the other tenants and can’t find them in there either.

So are you saying that having inconsistencies between tenants will lead to this current situation? If so, what is the best way to ensure consistency across all the tenants?

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@AndrewA   The best practice would be to maintain the packages on only one tenant (master/production tenant) and publish them to all other tenants as shown in the screenshot below.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

I agree with @deebhane that is how I prefer/recommend to do it.

I kind of assumed that if you managed to delete the package but it was still published the only way I have seen this is a snapshot restore or publishing from another instance.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Thank you both for your help on this, I’ll make sure to publish to multiple tenants from now on.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved