Solved

How to get the first old value of field ?

• 20 January 2023
  • 1 reply

Hi,

I want to get the old value of the field when selecting the order to modify,

For example :

I have 60 in the field, I modified the field 3 times I put 45, 50 and 30, I just want to keep the first value 60 in another field

when I enter with the purpose of modifying an input field multiple times to change, I want to keep the first value.

I tried with "SOOrder_RowUpdated" but in each modification the field value takes the previous value.

icon

Best answer by MoulaliShaik79 20 January 2023, 12:30

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi @snoopez206,

To achieve this, you need to do a couple of things:

Step 1: Make sure the other field is empty before updating the required field.

Step 2: Write FieldUpdated Event Handler to the required field and update the other field with the first value (another field = e.OldValue)

Step 3: Before updating the other field, you need to check whether the other field is empty or not.

If the other field is empty, then only you need to update it with the first value. Else don’t update it.

I hope it may help you!

Moulali Shaik.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved