Solved

How to change DisplayName of Contact field on Cases screen?

• 28 November 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Dear Team,

I tried changing the DisplayName of the Contact field on the Case screen by doing it on “Customize Attributes”. But it didn't work.

[PXUIField(DisplayName = "Contact", Visibility = PXUIVisibility.Visible)]

Change to [PXUIField(DisplayName = "Contact Person")]

Please help me the solution !

Note: Acumatica Version 2020 R1

Best Regards,

NNT

icon

Best answer by Sagar Greytrix 28 November 2023, 05:24

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi @nhatnghetinh ,

You can change field display name without coding. Find the below Screenshot.

Go to Customization Editor →  Click on Screens → Add cases screen → under the Screens Section click on Fields → Add the Contact Field and Change the display name as you want.

Hope, it helps!

Regards,

Sagar

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @sagar07,

The attached Screenshot looks like something went wrong. Cannot be viewed.

Best Regards,

NNT

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thank you @sagar07,

It's already done as you instructed.

However, I still wonder why it cannot be done using “Customize Attributes” with Contact field. While other fields (Owner, Subject,...) can still be done using the “Customize Attributes” method ?

Best Regards,

NNT

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@nhatnghetinh  Yes, I have also observed the same behavior a way long time ago that REPLACE ORIGINAL Attributes is not replacing the Display Name.

The easiest way to do this is from the Customization Editor like Sagar suggested above or else we can also do with the Cache Attached event.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved