Question

How to add new conditional fields of a screen in a customization project

• 7 February 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I’m creating a vendor compliance workflow based on the Vendors (AP303000). However, I’m stuck with adding a conditional field (IsExpired) that’s related to the compliance documents on the Compliance tab of the Vendors screen. Please see the screenshots below..

I need to add the ‘IsExpired’ field (found on the vendors screen - compliance tab) to the list of fields displayed.

The yellow highlighted field (Expired) on the Compliance tab of the Vendors screen is what I need my condition to be based on.

Please help to provide the steps needed to achieve this requirement.

Thanks! 

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

I have the same issue although I think I may have gotten farther han you have.  I think you need to add that field to the screen for which youvare using the copndition on.  For instance, I created a field on a customer record (PO Approved) I then added that same field to the Service Order screen.   I have been trying to find that field in the conditions fields but it is not showing up.  i feel I am missing one step to make it accessible.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks @dgross54 for the contribution. I’m not able to add the expired field as a user-defined field to the vendor form on which the condition is being based. When you try to create an attribute that points to the Compliance Document schema object, the Expired field is not included, I believe because it’s not a ‘selector’ kind of field type. I also observed that I can only use the expired field in my workflow condition while maintaining it’s link to the documents on the compliance tab of vendor form. I can’t use it in isolation of the documents being monitored for validity. I’m not sure if I can achieve this by just using the system configuration, it might require some ‘code touch’. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Irina @DanWats Maybe the ultimate questions is this: 

Regarding Workflows: Do the fields available in the Conditions Screen change under any circumstances (can fields be added)? 

I can’t access any fields from a grid (for instance: Service Order Details Grid) nor can I access any Custom Fields.  Is there a non-coding solution to be able to access these fields as a condition or are we just stuck with what Acumatica has made available to us which is quite limited?

Userlevel 1
Badge

You can actually add fields but the scenario and logic you’re trying to build really matters. In your case - can you share some screenshots of what you’re experiencing, because if you’re designing a workflow based on FS300100 Service Orders - your condition should have access to the schema fields in the FSServiceOrder DAC.

Userlevel 3
Badge

It does, that’s the problem.  THe FSServiceOrder DAC is the only one I can use for a condition which is extremely limiting.  The Service Order screen is filled with data from Contacts/Customers/FSSODet etc DAC’s.  If I add a Custom UDF to the service order grid then that UDF is in the FSSODet and can’t be used as a condition.  If I add the Customer Class to the Service order then that field is in the Customer DAC and therefore can’t be used as a condition.  It seems to me that maybe there is a Layout Property setting, perhaps, that I can use which will cause that field to be “conditionable” (made that up...)?  

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved