Solved

How do I allow a null value to be entered in the barcode scan field on the Scan Move screen?

• 14 September 2022
  • 2 replies

I currently have the scan move screen customized to flow into the Qty State automatically to allow for a qty to be scanned in.

However I would like the user to have the option to hit enter and skip the step, which would ideally pass a default qty of 1.

The issue I’m running into is that the barcode field won’t allow the user just hit enter to pass a null value.

Is there a way I can have null values passed through on that field?

Thank you.

icon

Best answer by slesin 20 April 2023, 00:53

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 2

We have a customer with a similar request - interested to see if this is possible with or without customization.

Thanks!

Michelle

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @kevint30,

WMS engine is designed to avoid empty inputs, so I’m afraid if you try to bypass this limitation, you may face unexpected problems.

However, I would recommend adding a hidden action that would push the right input to the engine (just call Basis.scanBarcode(PXAdapter adapter, string barcode) inside the action), and doing playing with the action’s shortcut (see PXButtonAttribute’s ShortcutChar, ShortcutShift and ShortcutCtrl properties).

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved