Solved

Customer Details Screen as Side Panel

• 17 December 2022
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

I’m trying to add the Customer Details screen as a side panel to the Customer Profile screen and to the Sales Order transaction screen. I am having difficulty identifying the correct key to use for both, as well as how to set parameters in the customer details screen.  

For the Customer Profile and Sales Orders screens,

• I want to be able to conditionally see
    • Either the Customer Details for this customer’s bill-to parent
    • Or the Customer Details for this customer if it doesn’t have a bill-to parent
  • To have the Show All Documents, Include Child Accounts, and Include Unreleased Documents all checked by default when the screen loads

I don’t know which key to use for both customizations.  Here are the two customization screen details I have at present for each of the two side panels:

Customer Profile

Sales Orders

Any thoughts on the proper keys to use as well as how to set the defaults?  I must be missing something somewhere.

Thanks in advance!

icon

Best answer by brendan91 28 December 2022, 21:10

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@patrickACA

1. The way I read from your inquiry, the “Customers Profile” (AR651000) is a report, and Reports can not have side panes. If this is not the case I think you will need to clearly direct to the screen(s) you are trying to customize.
  1. Regarding conditional visibility, based on what you are explaining you can do something like the below for SO3010PL (Sales Order) to show either Parent (if exist) or the customer (if doesn’t have a parent). I tested this and works.

=IIf(IsNull([BAccountR.ParentBAccountID], '')<>'', [BAccountR.ParentBAccountID], [BAccountR.AcctCD])

Also, I suggest breaking down your inquiries into pieces and avoiding putting multiple issues in one case. My experience tells me people are not interested in spending time on such lengthy cases (I see so far 37 people have looked at your case but no one has commented on it possibly because there are lots of questions). 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello @aaghaei 

The screen to which I want to add the side panel is the Customers screen (AR303000).  I already have side panels added to this screen- just want to try to add this new one and having difficulty adding it.

Patrick

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@patrickACA

The same expression I provided with a slight change works for AR3030PL as well. Here are the expr and sample screenshots

=IIf(Trim(IsNull([Customer.ParentBAccountID], ''))<>'', [Customer.ParentBAccountID], [Customer.AcctCD])

GI Navigation:

Customer with Parent:

Customer without Parent:

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @aaghaei 

Thank you for this.  The examples you have given are for adding a side panel via the GI to the PL, but I want to add it to the entry screen.  This isn’t a GI nav pane issue.  Because I want to add a side panel to the customer profile screen, it requires a customization.  So the screen shots from my original post are me showing that I cannot locate the proper keys to link the data for the side panel.  

Sorry for the large screen shot.  This is the screen to which I want to add the side panel via a customization.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I am not sure I am following. You are saying you want to add a side panel to AR.30.30.00 but the above screenshot is SO.30.10.00.

The keys you want are:

The key for the Customer is “Customer.BAccountID” which is the same key as “BAccount.BAccountID”

The Key for the Parent is “BAccount.ParentBAccountID” WHERE “Customer.BAccountID” = “BAccount.BAccountID”

The ParentBAccountID references to the BAccountID of the same table.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Sorry to bump in here, but I think I know the problem.

Currently you are trying to turn the customer details GENERIC INQUIRY into a side panel and this GI would have to be modified before it would achieve what you want it to do regarding parent accounts.

switch out AR0010DB with AR402000 and use the customer ID as the parameter

Userlevel 3
Badge

@brendan91 I think we are close.  I am clarifying what the screen IDs are that I am trying to modify through the customization projects. 

1. Customer Profile. Screen ID CST.AR.30.30.00
  1. Sales Order Entry screen.  Screen ID CST.SO.30.10.00

The idea is that when a user is on either of these screens, they can see the Customer Details screen for that customer as a side panel.

Hopefully this clarifies what the end goal is.  The screen shots I posted are from within the Modify Existing Screen portions of the Customization Projects section of Acumatica for these two screens.  

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Understood, the problem is AR0010DB (Customer Details Generic Inquiry). It doesn’t do the same thing as AR402000 (Customer Details Report)

I’ve tried to add AR402000 as a side panel on both screens presented and apparently that is not possible given the screen type. We are going to have to modify AR0010DB to behave like AR40200.

I’ll report back...

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

I’ve attached the xml for a new version of the customer details GI that considers a customer’s parent account.

This GI will work on the customer profile screen, but won't work on the sales order screen. The reason being is that the customer parent ID is not natively setup to be available as a parameter on that screen. You could get it to work on the sales order entry GI though.

I’ve tested this new GI as a side panel on the customer GI. The way this works is that the customer parent ID and the Customer ID are fed as separate parameters. Neither parameter is required.

When the user opens up a customer profile and if a parent account exists for that customer, then it’s used as a parameter, if not, its empty. Same goes for customer number. 

In order to view all customer details for the parent account, the user will have to be trained to delete the customer number from the side panel (below)

when removed, all detail for all customers under that parent account will show.

This is the setup to publish to the customer entry screen as a side panel...

Anyways, this is the best that I could figure out for a no-code solution. If you need a more perfect solution, I believe you will need to hire a consultant for a coded solution.

Userlevel 3
Badge

@brendan91 I have completed the work in the customization screen per your screenshots and will test this evening after hours.

For the Sales Orders PL side panel you have in the pictures above, what were the navigation parameters you used when adding GI000215 as a Navigation Target in the GI?

Thank you so much for this work - it is not only helping me to get accomplished what I hope but is also very instructive.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@patrickACA 

Happy I was able to help!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved