Skip to main content

Hello all,

I am getting the below error when I upgrading any of my libraries from 2023R2 to 2024R1 (24.104.0008). I have tried reinstalling the 24R1 but still have the same error. Any help is appreciated.

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Security.AccessControl' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

Stack Trace: 

eFileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Security.AccessControl' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)]

/FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Security.AccessControl, Version=6.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)]
System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks) +0
System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadAssemblyName(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly reqAssembly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks) +232
System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoad(String assemblyString, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean forIntrospection) +113
System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoad(String assemblyString, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection) +23
System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(String assemblyString) +35
System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAssemblyHelper(String assemblyName, Boolean starDirective) +48

/ConfigurationErrorsException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Security.AccessControl, Version=6.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)]
System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAssemblyHelper(String assemblyName, Boolean starDirective) +767
System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAllAssembliesFromAppDomainBinDirectory() +256
System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAssembly(AssemblyInfo ai) +58
System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetReferencedAssemblies(CompilationSection compConfig) +287
System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetPreStartInitMethodsFromReferencedAssemblies() +69
System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CallPreStartInitMethods(String preStartInitListPath, Boolean& isRefAssemblyLoaded) +137
System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.ExecutePreAppStart() +172
System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.Initialize(ApplicationManager appManager, IApplicationHost appHost, IConfigMapPathFactory configMapPathFactory, HostingEnvironmentParameters hostingParameters, PolicyLevel policyLevel, Exception appDomainCreationException) +854

/HttpException (0x80004005): Could not load file or assembly 'System.Security.AccessControl, Version=6.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)]
System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +532
System.Web.HttpRuntime.EnsureFirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +111
System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationPrivate(IIS7WorkerRequest wr, HttpContext context) +724

Update:

The issue is not happening with upgrading an existing project from earlier versions only. The issue exist even if I create a new Project in 24R1 and push it to Extension Libarary and then build it. It basically creates a project that just has an “Examples.cs” code file. I commented the content of this code file and just built a DLL file in the bin folder. Even in this scenario I get the previous error. I have checked to see if the references are pointing at the right place and all the refences are pinting at “D:\Acumatica\2024R1\2024R1\Bin\” which is the correct installation bin folder for 24R1.

This the snippet from my web.config re this library:

<dependentAssembly>
<assemblyIdentity name="System.Security.AccessControl" publicKeyToken="b03f5f7f11d50a3a" culture="neutral" />
<bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-6.0.0.0" newVersion="6.0.0.0" />
</dependentAssembly>

I made the below change to my web.config based on the assebly version and seems to work fine.

<dependentAssembly>
<assemblyIdentity name="System.Security.AccessControl" publicKeyToken="b03f5f7f11d50a3a" culture="neutral" />
<bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-5.0.0.0" newVersion="5.0.0.0" />
</dependentAssembly>

Thank you for sharing your solution with the community @aaghaei!