Solved

Cannot save the Sales Order after Creating a Customer Refund and Deleting the Sales Order's detail

• 10 May 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

In Acumatica instance of 22.212.0046 version I create a Sales Order.

I chose a customer on header and an Inventory in the Details tab with some quantity. 

I Create Payment.

I Release that payment.

Then Icreate a Customer Refund on Payments and Applications screen and select the corresponding Customer.

On Documents to Apply tab we set the Doc. Type to Payment, select the corresponding Reference Nbr., and RELEASE the Customer Refund.

The Status of Payment becomes Closed, the SOAdjust.CuryAdjdAmt (UI name - Applied To Order) field continues to have amount. In other versions this field becomes 0.

See the screenshot.

After I delete the Sales Order's Detail line and attempt to save the sales order. I get the following error.

SO Error: The applied amount cannot exceed the unbilled balance.

Please see the screenshot.

Is this an Acumatica bug or I should do the Customer Refund in another way? Do I miss something? Should I, for example put some checkbox, select some dropdown value, or do something else on some screen. The steps to create a Customer Refund I described work for earlier version. What is changed in 22.212.0046 version? This happens in a new instance without any customized package.

icon

Best answer by manikantad18 10 May 2023, 15:51

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @vachmir 

Here is the My understanding.

1. Created a sales order 
  2. Created a payment and released
  3. Refund the Payment again the payment 

May I know the Reason for deleting the sales order line?

If the order got cancelled without shipping then please void the payment and cancel the order instead of doing refund or if you performed a customer refund then please cancel the sales order.

If the shipment is created and inventory Update follow below suggestions for a customer refund

1. Create a Return type of order ex: (RC type - RMA )
  2. Create a Receipt for this order (From Actions) 
  3. It will create shipment type as a “Receipt” and then click on Update IN (It will reverse the Inventory)
  4. Prepare an invoice and then will create a “Credit Memo” document. 
  5. If Aleady payment is collected for the actual order, we need to create a “Customer Refund” in the Payments and Applications screen for the actual payment.
  6. Finally, apply the below documents to the Actual Payment and release. Payment and Invoice will be closed.
    1. Credit Memo
    2. Actual order Invoice

Thanks

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved