Skip to main content
Solved

Assistance Needed with Custom Field Error in Project Transaction Details Screen (PM401000)

• 12 July 2024
  • 4 replies

Hi Acumatica,

I am in a bit of a pickle regarding a custom field that I have created for our client on the Project Transaction Details screen (PM401000). I have created this field via the Data Access class section in a customization project editor for customization  called APPSPOForProjects. After creating the custom field called "UsrPONumber" I converted the DAC field to an extension library and created an extension library on my local machine in order to reference the field in my business logic for graph "TransactionInquiry". 

Afterwards I published the customization and the field was available to be added to the aspx of the PM401000 screen. During this whole process I was trying to play with Github Desktop as a source control option and was having trouble so I deleted the extension library and created the field again in another DAC extension. I did exactly the same as before by creating a new Extension Library on my local machine and I deleted the old extension library and any reference to the UsrPONumber field. 

The problem with this is even though controls aren't created for the UsrPONumber field on the PM401000 screen and it is not added as part of the ASPX, it gives me an error "Invalid Column name '"PMTran].rUsrPONumber]'. I have deleted all references to the DAC extension of PMTran in the APP_Runtime folder and also deleted the customization on the instance and this error still occurs. I deleted the APPSPOForProjects and mimicked the business logic used from this customization in the new customization as well. 

Do note that this custom field isn't a Database field as I only made it a PXString field and not PXDBString field, so it wasn't created in the database.

Any assistance on this matter will be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

HI @dewaldblaauw12,

The T250 training course explains how to create custom inquiries, modifying them, I’m not too sure of.

I do remember from the course that the DAC for the custom inquiry is rooted within the original DAC, which could be causing some issues when trying to add a new field.

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @dewaldblaauw12 ,

Have you tried with Unpublish All Customizations from customization Projects Screen?

Also, If you have binded code with visual studio, try to delete the dll file from the Bin folder of the Acumatica instance which is generated after rebuilding project from visual studio.

Hope, it will helps!

Userlevel 1

HI @dewaldblaauw12,

The T250 training course explains how to create custom inquiries, modifying them, I’m not too sure of.

I do remember from the course that the DAC for the custom inquiry is rooted within the original DAC, which could be causing some issues when trying to add a new field.

Hope this helps!

Thank you, I will have a look at the T250 again to see whether I missed something. Sorry for getting back now. 

Userlevel 1

Hi @dewaldblaauw12 ,

Have you tried with Unpublish All Customizations from customization Projects Screen?

Also, If you have binded code with visual studio, try to delete the dll file from the Bin folder of the Acumatica instance which is generated after rebuilding project from visual studio.

Hope, it will helps!

Hi @Dipak Nikanth. I will have a look at Unpublish All action via Customization Projects Screen. I did however delete the .dll file and still somehow the field keeps getting referenced. But I will have a look to ensure that the file is deleted and that I try and use the Unpublish All action. 

Thanks!