Question

Adding External Functionality Into Customer Portal Screen

• 22 October 2021
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 1

I need to integrate an external service for dynamic map viewing (Esri) into one of the screens in our Acumatica customer portal.

I’m trying to achieve this by adding a JavaScript control in a new Customization Project screen that will include a script to request, load the map and display it on this screen.

My JavaScript code works as it should if I test it on a blank html page, but it gives me errors if I add it to the JavaScript control in the Customization Project screen and try to preview the changes.

This code requires external libraries that are correctly linked and loaded when I use a blank html page to test it, and I suspect this is what’s causing problems when I try it inside the Acumatica screen.

The code breaks when calling a specific function named “require”:

require(["esri/views/MapView", "esri/WebMap", "esri/identity/IdentityManager"], function(MapView,WebMap,esriId) { /* code not running in Acumatica */ });

I believe when Acumatica compiles my JavaScript code, it ends up making some of it not to run properly.

Unfortunately there’s very few references / documentation online to explain how the JavaScript control works, and what are its rules or limitations if any.

Another approach I have in mind is using Wiki pages. I have successfully used them before to include JavaScript code. Is it possible to make a screen load and display a specific Wiki page?

I’d really appreciate if anyone could help me understand if I’m doing something wrong, if you could share or direct me to websites or reference documents that could point me into the right direction, or even ideas to try to approach this in a different way.

Thanks!

0 replies

Be the first to reply!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved