Skip to main content

Hello.

Back in May, I was having issues getting the 4.1 REST API code to actually be able to log into my Acumatica Instance.

Dmitrii provided me with a link to the 5.1.2-beta version and it worked like a charm.  I’ve been coding with it ever since and moving forward.

Fast forward to today - I am trying to add code to the library to pass back more detailed error messages from the API, and the place I would normally do that is in the function VerifyResponse that is found in a source file named EntityAPI_Implementation.cs - however this file does not exist in the 5.1.2-beta code I have, so I cannot update it to pass back extended error info.

Is there a replacement in the beta version for that function in that file?

Nevermind!

I pulled down version 4.1 and tried it again; only this time it’s allowing me to log in unlike before...so I’m moving forward with the release version (which makes me much happier anyway).

I take it back….I had neglected to update the references in my application so it was still pointed at the 5.1.2 beta dlls instead of the newly compiled 4.1 version in my application.

Now I am back to not being able to even log in - it is throwing the following error:

"Unable to read data from the transport connection: The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request.."

This is essentially the same issue I had when originally trying to get 4.1 to work, and Dmitrii gave me the beta 5.1.2 link.

Hi @pjames were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Hi Chris,

Yeah it was a n00b mistake.  I did not have (Exception ex) as part of the catch block in my call to PutEntity…and I could not get my application to hit breakpoints inside the API code until I copied the .pdb files generated by the Acumatica Rest API solution into the bin\debug folder.

Now that that is resolved, I wish there was a way to exclude the “Please review..." static lines that show up prior to the actual error that occurred.  I’m having to parse those out myself.

Thank you for following up!