Solved

SOQuickProcess Customization

• 3 January 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

What is the best way to customize the SOQuickProcess Extension? It is located as a nested class in PX.Objects.SO.SOOrderEntry.

My assumption would be to start with a fresh extension, but I wanted to ask first.

icon

Best answer by Yuriy Zaletskyy 22 January 2023, 11:48

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

You are stepping on holywar zone. I’d give my suggestion, but feel free to disregard that. 

The best way to customize the SOQuickProcess Extension in Acumatica would be to create a new graph extension for the SOOrderEntry graph and override the methods and properties that you need to change in the SOQuickProcess Extension.

You can do this by creating a new class that inherits from PXGraphExtension<SOOrderEntry>, and then override the methods and properties of the SOQuickProcess Extension that you want to customize. You can then use this new extension class in your customization project instead of the original SOQuickProcess Extension.

It's important to note that when you customize the SOQuickProcess Extension, you should test your changes thoroughly to ensure that they do not break any existing functionality or cause any performance issues.

Also you can use extentsion for extension mechanism of Acumatica, and create extension to SOQuickProcess, but do that only if extending of SOOrderEntry will require a lot of plumbing.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved