Solved

Pop-Up Note showing dynamic field value?

Userlevel 3
Badge

We want to create a pop-up note for a customer on the SO screen if ever today is > { a custom date/time field value tracking a tax expiration date}.

Is this possible?

If not, it would even be beneficial to add the field value to the Pop-Up note itself.

Could we have the pop-up note display the value of the custom date/time field, for example? That would be acceptable. 

Is this a matter of determining the correct bQL when creating the pop-up note? 

Here are the properties:

Here’s a version of the note showing where I’d like to see the field value. 

Open to ideas!
Thank you.

icon

Best answer by Dioris Aguilar 15 July 2022, 22:27

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 2

Interesting idea but I don’t think this is possible.  Notes fields usually will just display entered text. 

I would probably just write a GI to display that date and manage your process from there.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

@AWelty24 There’s a way to do it from a programming standpoint by implementing a custom PXSelectorAttribute and overriding the protected Verify method highlighted below:

That is where the Popup message is retrieved and loaded.

The custom selector could receive the UsrTaxExpireDate as parameter and it can be included in the popup message in the overriden version of the Verify method.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved