Question

How I can create Customer using API

• 29 April 2024
  • 7 replies

Can anyone guide me on how I can create customer using postman api endpoint. I am new to acumatica. 

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @convertable https://help.acumatica.com/(W(323))/Wiki/ShowWiki.aspx?pageid=51059f24-01f8-4d78-a17b-cc255fe8b8e0

Please check above article.

Is this essential to deploy acumatica ERP Instance.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @convertable,

Yes, you must need to have a instance or else create a new instance of Acumatica.

To create customer you need to specify the instance name in the API request.

e.g.

PUT / HTTP/1.1
Host: [<Acumatica ERP instance URL>]/entity/Default/23.200.001/Customer
Accept: application/json
Content-Type: application/json

{
"CustomerID": {"value": "Cust01"},
"CustomerName": {"value": "Customer 01"},
"CustomerClass": {"value": "DEFAULT"}
}

Can you guide me regarding “How to deploy acumatica instance.”

Userlevel 4
Badge

@convertable,

You need to download the Acumatica installer from the This link.

Then you need to perform the steps provided in the below link to create a new Acumatica instance.

https://help.acumatica.com/(W(323))/Wiki/ShowWiki.aspx?pageid=b18ad378-0a8c-44f1-a14c-6b4f9c6271e4

Please let me know , if you need any help.

And one more thing if you can clear this? Can we create customers using api endpoint in zapier, Apify etc. Thanks. 

Hi, I got everything and api was also working, as you can see. But Instead of creating customer it is fetching the customers list.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved