Skip to main content

We are attempting us better use Acuamtica CRM.  We have come across two issues when we send an email from Acumatica CRM to a customer. 

First, when the cutomer replies to these CRM emails, the replies are not being sent to the saleperson that sent the emails.  Instead, the reply email returns to the email address it was sent from (in our case “sales@alaskapulltabs.com).  So the salesperson never knows his customer replied to his email.  How to we address this issue? NOTE: we were told we should not set up “sending” emails for each salesperson, but instead use just a “sales” email. 

Second, the reply email is not being recorded in the customers profile “activities” tab.  How do we fix this issue? 

HI @dougmcbride79 

Have you tried to input the salesperson email in copy of the email template?

Aleks

Howdy @dougmcbride79 !

I’ve spent a lot of time working through some of these very same issues and have come to a few conclusion, it’s all very problematic and presents both resource concerns and security concerns. I’ve opted to do the following…

Please note that we’re using MS365 and I try to leverage MS Teams as much as I can. I also have a tendency to do things myself rather that subscribing to other systems that, in the end, still end up incurring a significant amount of resources to maintain.

Our version of sales@alaskapulltabs.com is a shared mailbox.

Within the emails being sent out via Acumatica CRM, and other similarly limited systems, there’s standardized phrases being used, such as “For mor information please contact oinsert Salesperson’s name here]”

Rogue emails that are not addressed within the following options are managed by a support team, such as undeliverable or OoO replies.

Getting the Emails back to the Salespersons...

Option 1

Within the shared mailbox I’ve created a rule for each Salesperson that looks for that phrase and then forwards the email to them, along with some cleanup to keep the mailbox reasonably managed. This has been working well but there are limits to how many Salespersons it will support, in a practical sense.

Option 2

Leverage Power Automate to effectively do the same thing as is being done with Option 1 but it’s a more capable option that might be a better if you have a large number of Salespersons to consider.

Getting the Emails associated with a Record within Acumatica...

Option A

Use the Outlook Plug-In to manually associate the email with the appropriate record within Acumatica

Option B

Leverage Option 2 and expand it to include an insertion of a record into Acumatica. I haven’t tried this yet BUT I do know that there is an Acumatica connector for Power Automate that does exactly this, offering the same options as experienced in the Outlook Plug-In which leads me to believe that this might be a better option.

Alternatively...

You could build out a script, in your favourite scripting language, to do all of this somewhere else, with internal or external services, I think that Microsoft Functions might allow for this too which is something I’m currently looking into.

I know none of these are great but sometimes, as I often say, “it’s better than a kick in the pants” lol

Admittedly, I’m used to how Sage CRM managed emails, which was VERY slick and did everything we needed with only minor tweaks to the system. All the energy I spend on this is towards finding a way to get back to that 14 year old model… something seamless, fully automated, easy to maintain, and stable as a rock.

Hopefully this was a little helpful and not too scary. I’d be happy to share more thoughts. ;-)

Thank you for this awesome answer.  Super helpful.