Question

Where do Activity Type "chat" go?

• 29 April 2024
  • 6 replies

We are trying to determine which Activity types are the best to use for internal “chatter”/Messaging. In our testing we tried the Activity “Chat” - however it doesn’t show up on that specific project. Where does it go? I can’t find any help docs on the activity types that actually shows you how they work. 

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@RBye  Where are you creating the chat?  I did one on a project and added a task and it is showing on the project.

From within the project - i was initiallly unchecking the track time - since it’s not a billable note - it’s internal communication. But it does look like you have to have that in order to keep it in the project. 

Thanks for the tip! 

Is there anything in the works for an improved chatter function?  

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Yes, the track time does need to be checked.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@RBye, another option for project chatter is the Daily Field Report Notes Tab. This allows for a time/date stamp on the note/message and ensures it is stored in one place. I’ve seen customers use this everyday just for this purpose. 

@mike.gillum thanks! We don’t have that module active. But i will definitely keep that in mind if/when we go that direction. 

As a follow up - we’re struggling getting a Biz event to successfully send a email notification to a workgroup assinged to a Task or Activity. Any troubleshooting tips?

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved