Solved

Updating Actual Quantity Cost Budget in Project Transactions

• 23 February 2024
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

We began importing our labor costs and hours into our projects through Journal Entries from our external payroll system and didn’t realize for the firs 5/6 weeks that if we do not have a UOM in the Journal Entry it doesn’t populate the hours into the Actual Quantity column in the cost budget on the Project. 

Journal Entry Transaction
Project Cost Budget Line

Does anyone have suggestions on the best way to populate the projects with the hours without duplicating the journal entries since the journal entries do show the quantity when you look at the project transactions?  I don’t want to end up having the amounts duplicated if the Actual Quantity field would change and populate with any units that are shown on the project transactions.

Project Transactions List from the Project Cost Budget

As a note, I did try and use the Recalculate Project Balance operation under the … [More] menu and that did not resolve the issue.

icon

Best answer by Heidi Dempsey 23 February 2024, 16:53

View original

5 replies

Badge +11

@Joshua Van Hoesen - Is this related to what you were saying yesterday?

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@Laura Carpenter enter a case and we will escalate for a script, you cannot manually fix this

Badge

@Laura Carpenter If you assign a UOM to the budget line within the project and then recalculate project balances does it correct the Actual Qty?

We faced a similiar issue with a client as it related to net new budget lines created from a change order and required custom coding to resolve.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@Laura Carpenter @Joshua Van Hoesen  If the UOM is missing from the PM Transaction, it will not update the budget with quantity.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Thank you @Heidi Dempsey @Joshua Van Hoesen and @darylbowman I appreciate your comments.  I will be submitting a support case for my issue.  I thought that was the way it was going to go but figured I would see if there were any other ideas on how to handle it.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved